Name:
Location: Cambridge, United Kingdom

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Cambridge

So here are some photos from Cambridge. The first lot are taken along the "Backs" while we were being punted along.


This is the "Bridge of sighs"... the bridge that students go across before (or after) their exams and sigh because they are worried or think they did badly in the exams. I think it is a nice looking bridge!


Right: this is the "Mathematical bridge"





Left: This is my bridge, or better known as "Clare Bridge".





Right: The back of Kings College Chapel







Left: This is the back of the marvelous, wonderful Darwin College which is full of wonderful people (well the ones I have met! - is that better Ray? Sorry about my earlier entry :) ).



The next set of photos are taken from the Cambridgeshire County Fair from 2005... the huskies are the ones I have been wanting to see perform twice but alas have missed them due to different circumstances (we were late the one year and they didn't come the next!).





Right: these are Alpacas, aren't their faces just so cute? Although I felt sorry for them on this day as it was hot and look at all the wool they have!



Left and below: these chaps are Morris Dancers, they dance around to music and tap sticks together or wave hankies around. Odd but hey! After the Crow Festival, this tradition doesn't seem too weird.


And now I have to finish up again as I need to drive back to Cambridge. Will hopefully add more photos soon. CJ

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't recall the significance of this place??? Hurumph!

Sigh... always forgotten...

10:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Entry has now been fixed. I am sorry about the earlier mistake. oops! forgive me... please...

CJ

1:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Much better, great even! :-)

RG

10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home