My UK life so far...
While I am able to use my Dad's computer and since I have found a number of photos on it showing various aspects of my life in the UK so far I thought I would take the opportunity to share these moments with my friends. The photos will include places where I applied for jobs and got interviews but in the end either didn't get the job or declined to take it, where I have lived (Cottenham) and where I live now (although things have changed a bit) and various sites around Cambridge. So here goes...
Let me first look at the Rainforest centre where I had my first interview, these are just pics from around the forest centre.
Pretty flowers all around.... 
... and animals too.
Next are photos from the Cumbria zoo at which I was offered a job (although not the one I applied for originally). It was an amazing place but the salary (as is usual with anything to do with zoos or animal work) was a bit on the low side. There were very few bars around and the animals were kept in their enclosures by electric fencing. It was much more open and free.

The Caoti enclosure (left) was one such enclosure that if the caoti climbed to the end of the branches of the trees and dropped down they would land outside the enclosure. Not sure if they ever tried but they seemed pretty happy where they were.

The Lemars (right) were all zenned out! And they had free reign over the park, except at night they were put back into their cages. Oh and they weren't allowed into the Australian section.
The Australian section had various animals from, um, Australia. This was a great area as the public could walk around amongst the animals, just had to be wary around the emus and the back legs of the kangaroos.

It was during this interview that I came face to face with a giraffe (at the giraffe's head level) and it licked me... how amazing is that!!! A memory that will stay with me forever, along with touching a rhino and stroking a cheetah.
The next photos are taken from around Cottenham - some of the inside of my flat and the outside (not really that exciting) and then also the village itself.

Left: The lounge (before I added all my stuff).

The outside of the flat block (right)

And the village green (left).

This is Madingley Hall, close to where I work. We sometimes come walking here at lunch time to visit the geese and feed the fish and ducks (if they are around).
I think I will publish this post now and at a later stage I will show pics from Cambridge itself and of my new home. I have a dental appointment to get to and it has taken me longer than anticipated to get all these photos up. Hopefully the wait for the next load of pics won't be too long. CJ
Let me first look at the Rainforest centre where I had my first interview, these are just pics from around the forest centre.
Pretty flowers all around.... 
... and animals too.
Next are photos from the Cumbria zoo at which I was offered a job (although not the one I applied for originally). It was an amazing place but the salary (as is usual with anything to do with zoos or animal work) was a bit on the low side. There were very few bars around and the animals were kept in their enclosures by electric fencing. It was much more open and free.

The Caoti enclosure (left) was one such enclosure that if the caoti climbed to the end of the branches of the trees and dropped down they would land outside the enclosure. Not sure if they ever tried but they seemed pretty happy where they were.

The Lemars (right) were all zenned out! And they had free reign over the park, except at night they were put back into their cages. Oh and they weren't allowed into the Australian section.
The Australian section had various animals from, um, Australia. This was a great area as the public could walk around amongst the animals, just had to be wary around the emus and the back legs of the kangaroos.

It was during this interview that I came face to face with a giraffe (at the giraffe's head level) and it licked me... how amazing is that!!! A memory that will stay with me forever, along with touching a rhino and stroking a cheetah.The next photos are taken from around Cottenham - some of the inside of my flat and the outside (not really that exciting) and then also the village itself.

Left: The lounge (before I added all my stuff).

The outside of the flat block (right)

And the village green (left).

This is Madingley Hall, close to where I work. We sometimes come walking here at lunch time to visit the geese and feed the fish and ducks (if they are around).
I think I will publish this post now and at a later stage I will show pics from Cambridge itself and of my new home. I have a dental appointment to get to and it has taken me longer than anticipated to get all these photos up. Hopefully the wait for the next load of pics won't be too long. CJ

1 Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Post a Comment
<< Home