Summer!
Summer arrived this weekend and what a joy it was to see (and hear). Lawn-mowers were running, kids were playing, birds were singing and the smell of BBQs was wafting around. Aaaah lovely!
Saturday morning started off with some domestic cleaning and then shopping and then into the garden I got! My parents were visiting and arrived as I started to mow the lawn. Good timing Dad (ha ha!). I continued with the mowing after a bit of a delay and then Dad and I went around to the front to cut the grass there and to sort out the hedge. Nice to be outside in dry weather soaking up sun while doing gardening! Rest of the day was just spent relaxing and annoying my Mom who was trying to do a crossword.
Sunday was a maginificant day overall. We (folks and Cambridge friends) went to the Cambridge County Show and had a great time. Arrived in time to see the Husky display only to discover it had been cancelled (this is the second time I was hoping to see this display and the second time I have missed it. Is this a sign?). We did watch the gun-dog display, the agility show and then we wandered around a bit until the Quarter horse display started. This dragged on a tad but only because the next display was running late (stuck in traffic). The Terrier racing was next and proved to be as hilarious as usual! The best was when one dog (during the races when the public's dogs were racing) tripped up a poor little pooch during the race... the little dog did a pretty spectacular forward-roll! It was okay but a little dazed! Another amusing moment was when a greyhound overtook the "rabbit" and then stopped. Could imagine it thinking "okay, I have caught up with the rabbit, now what?". Other displays we watched included the spanish horse display and then the sheepdog display which I thought was excellent. How the farmer managed to control FIVE border collies in one go amazes me. And with distractions - one kid kept wandering up to the dogs while they were working and kept trying to stroke the dogs. They ignored him and carried on working.
After that display we left (folks had actually left quite a bit earlier as they needed to head home!) and returned to my house to test my new little braai (BBQ). After a couple of attempts to get it started (and then watching the fire die) I eventually got the fire going and we managed to cook a number of kebabs/sosaties on it (this is impressive if you actually see the size of the braai! - I will try get a photo of it on the blog in the near future).
A successful enjoyable weekend if I say so myself! I am feeling pretty relaxed at present and so glad this weekend was sunny and fill of family and friends. Just what I needed! Thanks!
Until next time! CJ
PS: if there are spelling mistakes please let me know - the spell check isn't working and I can't be bothered to proof-read my work! Ta!
Saturday morning started off with some domestic cleaning and then shopping and then into the garden I got! My parents were visiting and arrived as I started to mow the lawn. Good timing Dad (ha ha!). I continued with the mowing after a bit of a delay and then Dad and I went around to the front to cut the grass there and to sort out the hedge. Nice to be outside in dry weather soaking up sun while doing gardening! Rest of the day was just spent relaxing and annoying my Mom who was trying to do a crossword.
Sunday was a maginificant day overall. We (folks and Cambridge friends) went to the Cambridge County Show and had a great time. Arrived in time to see the Husky display only to discover it had been cancelled (this is the second time I was hoping to see this display and the second time I have missed it. Is this a sign?). We did watch the gun-dog display, the agility show and then we wandered around a bit until the Quarter horse display started. This dragged on a tad but only because the next display was running late (stuck in traffic). The Terrier racing was next and proved to be as hilarious as usual! The best was when one dog (during the races when the public's dogs were racing) tripped up a poor little pooch during the race... the little dog did a pretty spectacular forward-roll! It was okay but a little dazed! Another amusing moment was when a greyhound overtook the "rabbit" and then stopped. Could imagine it thinking "okay, I have caught up with the rabbit, now what?". Other displays we watched included the spanish horse display and then the sheepdog display which I thought was excellent. How the farmer managed to control FIVE border collies in one go amazes me. And with distractions - one kid kept wandering up to the dogs while they were working and kept trying to stroke the dogs. They ignored him and carried on working.
After that display we left (folks had actually left quite a bit earlier as they needed to head home!) and returned to my house to test my new little braai (BBQ). After a couple of attempts to get it started (and then watching the fire die) I eventually got the fire going and we managed to cook a number of kebabs/sosaties on it (this is impressive if you actually see the size of the braai! - I will try get a photo of it on the blog in the near future).
A successful enjoyable weekend if I say so myself! I am feeling pretty relaxed at present and so glad this weekend was sunny and fill of family and friends. Just what I needed! Thanks!
Until next time! CJ
PS: if there are spelling mistakes please let me know - the spell check isn't working and I can't be bothered to proof-read my work! Ta!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home