Waiting for the bus...
where's the bus?
Thursday
23 March 2006
09h30
Mission: test out public transport and visit Puerto de Morgan (port of Morgan)
Report: Um, we failed... big time!
Details:
Okay, I will quit with the formal stuff (if anyone caught on to what I was trying to do, good for you!!!) What we attempted to do on Thursday morning was to catch a bus to Puerto de Morgan. We got to the bus-stop early and waited and waited and waited... oh and waited. Buses came and went but not the bus we were looking for. And as each bus came (and went) the number of passengers on those buses increased to maximum point! This made us worry a tad as we thought there would be no way we would be able to fit on the required bus, if it ever came. Especially since the crowd of passenger hopefuls at the stop had increased from 6 (including the 3 of us) to about 60! (exaggeration is fun sometimes!). After about an hour and a half of waiting (and crowd watching) we decided to abort current mission and create a new mission - to the beach!!! At least we knew we would get there! So back to the bungalow to put on swimming costumes and off to the beach...
This time we went to the left (facing the sea) of the walkway to the beach (yesterday was to the
right of the walkway) and actually touched the sand with barefeet!
The view that greeted us initially was nice (pic) but then as we went further east I started losing my interest in the views (I have innocent eyes!!! ha ha!) and just wanted to find a "quiet" area to sit down so I could put my nose into my book.
Once settled we had some lunch (oh were to look) and then I lay down for a bit to read my book. Mom and Dad decided, after a while, to go for a walk which I declined to join them on as usually their walks are pretty long and I was a little tired from all the walking (my excuse!). Anyway, they proved me wrong as they were back within seconds (or minutes!) with wry smiles on their faces. Mom proceeded to tell me of the adventure and why the quick return! They found the nudist beach (ha ha ha!) and it wasn't a pretty sight. I am so glad I stayed where I was.
A second attempt of a walk then occurred (again I stayed behind) into the dunes and again the return was rapid - sand was too hot! After this we headed back to the bungalow to end another day in GC. Oh, I think at this point Mom and I decided to go for a swim in the pool... I didn't last long in the water; I froze! man oh man was the water chilly. Good end to the day though.
Thursday
23 March 2006
09h30
Mission: test out public transport and visit Puerto de Morgan (port of Morgan)
Report: Um, we failed... big time!
Details:
Okay, I will quit with the formal stuff (if anyone caught on to what I was trying to do, good for you!!!) What we attempted to do on Thursday morning was to catch a bus to Puerto de Morgan. We got to the bus-stop early and waited and waited and waited... oh and waited. Buses came and went but not the bus we were looking for. And as each bus came (and went) the number of passengers on those buses increased to maximum point! This made us worry a tad as we thought there would be no way we would be able to fit on the required bus, if it ever came. Especially since the crowd of passenger hopefuls at the stop had increased from 6 (including the 3 of us) to about 60! (exaggeration is fun sometimes!). After about an hour and a half of waiting (and crowd watching) we decided to abort current mission and create a new mission - to the beach!!! At least we knew we would get there! So back to the bungalow to put on swimming costumes and off to the beach...
This time we went to the left (facing the sea) of the walkway to the beach (yesterday was to the
right of the walkway) and actually touched the sand with barefeet!
The view that greeted us initially was nice (pic) but then as we went further east I started losing my interest in the views (I have innocent eyes!!! ha ha!) and just wanted to find a "quiet" area to sit down so I could put my nose into my book.Once settled we had some lunch (oh were to look) and then I lay down for a bit to read my book. Mom and Dad decided, after a while, to go for a walk which I declined to join them on as usually their walks are pretty long and I was a little tired from all the walking (my excuse!). Anyway, they proved me wrong as they were back within seconds (or minutes!) with wry smiles on their faces. Mom proceeded to tell me of the adventure and why the quick return! They found the nudist beach (ha ha ha!) and it wasn't a pretty sight. I am so glad I stayed where I was.
A second attempt of a walk then occurred (again I stayed behind) into the dunes and again the return was rapid - sand was too hot! After this we headed back to the bungalow to end another day in GC. Oh, I think at this point Mom and I decided to go for a swim in the pool... I didn't last long in the water; I froze! man oh man was the water chilly. Good end to the day though.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home