Mealies!!
(aka Market day - or more like Market Morning)
Wednesday morning saw us walking back to the Wednesday market (which was now open) and we spent the morning wandering around the market spying out the wares! What a mix there was ranging from foods (meats, fruit and veg and baked goods) to clothing and then the usual nik-naks - bags, belts, ornaments etc etc etc. Amazingly we didn't actually buy that much (well I didn't anyway - ha ha!). Dad bought some shorts and Mom went wild (kidding!) with getting a tablecloth for my Gran and some trousers for herself. The place was pretty packed so I tended to find the quiet spots and watched the crowds go by. Although I am still not a fan of busy places, I had a nice time seeing what was on offer and also listening to the tourists trying to bargain in Spanish...
"DROP THE PRICE?"
"Qui?"
"TOO MUCH!"
"Qui?"
... alright, this didn't actually happen but the messages were getting muddled and the voices of some of the tourists did begin to increase in volume at times.
After visiting each stand (some twice!), we headed back "home" via the garden (so if you want to see the pics again, see Gran Canaria Days 1 and 2.)
Wednesday morning saw us walking back to the Wednesday market (which was now open) and we spent the morning wandering around the market spying out the wares! What a mix there was ranging from foods (meats, fruit and veg and baked goods) to clothing and then the usual nik-naks - bags, belts, ornaments etc etc etc. Amazingly we didn't actually buy that much (well I didn't anyway - ha ha!). Dad bought some shorts and Mom went wild (kidding!) with getting a tablecloth for my Gran and some trousers for herself. The place was pretty packed so I tended to find the quiet spots and watched the crowds go by. Although I am still not a fan of busy places, I had a nice time seeing what was on offer and also listening to the tourists trying to bargain in Spanish...
"DROP THE PRICE?"
"Qui?"
"TOO MUCH!"
"Qui?"
... alright, this didn't actually happen but the messages were getting muddled and the voices of some of the tourists did begin to increase in volume at times.
After visiting each stand (some twice!), we headed back "home" via the garden (so if you want to see the pics again, see Gran Canaria Days 1 and 2.)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home