I'm back... (Sunday 1 October)
(Remember, we are casting our minds back... this was written on the 1st October)
I was just reading my book whilst relaxing on my couch when it dawned on me, yet again, that I haven’t blogged for a while. Excuses? Main one is that I have been waiting to be connected to broadband (yip, still) and although this has actually occurred, I do not yet have the correct equipment to actually access the internet via broadband. This equipment is still arriving in the post, with a “little delay” due to the internet provider I am using sending the required information etc to the wrong address and now the postal business messing me around! Dah! I think I am forever going to be dealing with incompetent people!!! Once I was “connected” to broadband, I had the joys of not being able to access the internet at all and had to contact the providers to request that they keep me on dial-up until my broadband stuff arrived… that was two weeks ago. Oh well there is hope that by next weekend I will be on-line through broadband and wireless!!!
Other excuses for not blogging include the fact that work lately has involved a lot of computer work and when I get home in the evenings the last thing I want to do is stare at a computer screen. At present I feel I can handle the computer for a while as I haven’t looked at one for a whole day, but I will have to pace myself as this coming week seems like it is going to be another spent in front of the computer screen! I have also been busy at times with other activities including sporting activities – tennis, ballroom dancing and cycling; entertaining friends and family and also cat sitting again. It was at the time of cat sitting that I was contemplating blogging, until the cat decided to try sit on the computer and I wouldn’t let him – I was not impressed (neither was the cat) and decided that working on the computer was not going to happen (this cheered the cat up a bit).
So, let me think what I have been up to that I can make into stories worth telling. While I think, let me run upstairs to close windows as it has now decided to rain a tad…
Ah yes, I forgot to mention the possible ghost I saw recently when I joined my friends at the mini-ball and stayed over at their place that night; I have acquired my last “large” purchase of August; I have joined another activity in the local community which is proving enjoyable; I have again cat-sat, with a difference; have expanded my tastes and become addicted; have had a hair-chop; and have celebrated another “year gone by”! So, let me start with the ghost…
I was just reading my book whilst relaxing on my couch when it dawned on me, yet again, that I haven’t blogged for a while. Excuses? Main one is that I have been waiting to be connected to broadband (yip, still) and although this has actually occurred, I do not yet have the correct equipment to actually access the internet via broadband. This equipment is still arriving in the post, with a “little delay” due to the internet provider I am using sending the required information etc to the wrong address and now the postal business messing me around! Dah! I think I am forever going to be dealing with incompetent people!!! Once I was “connected” to broadband, I had the joys of not being able to access the internet at all and had to contact the providers to request that they keep me on dial-up until my broadband stuff arrived… that was two weeks ago. Oh well there is hope that by next weekend I will be on-line through broadband and wireless!!!
Other excuses for not blogging include the fact that work lately has involved a lot of computer work and when I get home in the evenings the last thing I want to do is stare at a computer screen. At present I feel I can handle the computer for a while as I haven’t looked at one for a whole day, but I will have to pace myself as this coming week seems like it is going to be another spent in front of the computer screen! I have also been busy at times with other activities including sporting activities – tennis, ballroom dancing and cycling; entertaining friends and family and also cat sitting again. It was at the time of cat sitting that I was contemplating blogging, until the cat decided to try sit on the computer and I wouldn’t let him – I was not impressed (neither was the cat) and decided that working on the computer was not going to happen (this cheered the cat up a bit).
So, let me think what I have been up to that I can make into stories worth telling. While I think, let me run upstairs to close windows as it has now decided to rain a tad…
Ah yes, I forgot to mention the possible ghost I saw recently when I joined my friends at the mini-ball and stayed over at their place that night; I have acquired my last “large” purchase of August; I have joined another activity in the local community which is proving enjoyable; I have again cat-sat, with a difference; have expanded my tastes and become addicted; have had a hair-chop; and have celebrated another “year gone by”! So, let me start with the ghost…

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home